Thursday, February 26, 2009

Close to Cocoa, lavender and amethyst blooms

You might have guessed by now that I am a fan of Lavender Lace and Almost Amethyst?
When I went to the Newcastle Quilt and Craft Fair, on Sunday, I visited the Stampin' Up stand and saw a card very much like this one:
From memory anyway...
The amethyst looks blue in the photo, but in real life (IRL) it is so different.
Who would have thought to white emboss, then watercolour on to the amethyst cardstock!
Thanks Carol!!!!
I just loved making this card.... I am going to make a scrapbook page to match!
Mine is in lavender lace and Old olive.
The ribbon is white tafetta ... I know the sample card I CASEd used blue bayoux ribbon and for the watercolouring on the leaves - it looked stunning .... but I didn't have that colour at hand.
So the next best thing (to me) is old olive and white tafetta.
Here is a close up of the embossing and watercolouring: It is so easy to keep within the lines, because the embossing resists the ink and it doesn't flow under it.


Materials:

Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, almost amethyst, Lavender lace. Stampset: Botanical Blooms (SAB). Inks: White craft (for stamping), lavendar lace and Old Olive (for water colouring). Ribbon: white tafetta. Tools: white embossing powder, embossing buddy, large oval punch, horizontal slot punch, Dimensional adhesives and double sided tape.

Just a reminder: there is only three days left of the Sale-a-bration catalogue Free stamps offer ... You can get this stampset for free if you spend $100. Phone or email me if you are still wanting to buy yourself some stamping supplies ... I will be putting a last order in on the 28th Feb.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nerida,
    Your card looks great, love the effect of the flower around the outside edge.
    Thanks for the compliments. I should really change my blog photo but good ones of me are so rare, I have little to choose from. Or maybe I should wear my Hobbit ears all the time to aid with recognition, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: