Monday, October 20, 2008

Lavender Princess


Playing with water colouring this week, I painted several fairies, using stampin' up ink pads, markers and the aqua painter. Starting with a stazon inked fairy ... I love how you squeeze the ink pad, open it up and there is a small amount of ink to pick up and paint with. Only I learnt not to use too much water, the point of watercolour paper is to absorb and blend the colours, when stamping you need to have a just wet brush, not to such an extent as a wash, that is another technique for another day.

My fairy princess (she is 5) insisted I get this set. And my inner princess agreed.

It is perfect for water colouring with pinks and purples, and a touch of turquoise. I used -
Cardstock: lavender lace, almost amethyst, tempting turquoise, watercolour paper.

Inks: Black stazon, lavender lace, almost amethyst,

Markers: tempting turquoise, yoyo yellow, pixie pink, Pink passion, green galore, going grey.

Accessories: white gel pen, aqua painter, corner rounder, tab punch, cropadile, small soft subtle eyelets, orchid ribbon.

Because I was enjoying this stampset I opened the card and put the princess wording stamp inside with the fairy wand beside it. To colour the separate layers I used the stamping spots in rich regals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: