Saturday, October 11, 2008

All day card making ...


Very occasionally, you just have to have a day to yourself!
For me that meant cardmaking and playing with a couple of stamp sets to put to paper some ideas I have had in my sketch book for a while.

As the season of Joy looks so good embossed I started with that on close to cocoa cardstock.
I matted it on confetti white on dimensionals and again on brushed silver metalic paper.

I stamped the background with the swirls and flowers in creamy caramel and close to cocoa.
Ribbons are choc chip grosgrain and tied with kraft and chocolate tafetta ribbon pieces.

The embossed silver snowflake was punched out with a 1" circle punch and mounted on confetti white (stamped with caramel ink), and again mounted on a 2" circle of choc chip cardstock.
I really must start using the metric equivalents instead.

What next you say?
Emboss resist of course! because i just cant resist!

Starting with white embossing powder, I stamped the "holiday wishes tree" on to white cardstock, then sponged with a tissue the old olive ink all around it. Tore the bottom edge and attached it to the old olive base.
Added the white embossed warmest wishes ( I masked off the holiday word because lets face it who says "Happy holiday wishes" in Australia? - Can someone tell the americans that!).

A little more embossing of the present and star elements popped them up on dimensionals and I liked it. The clean green and white mono chomatic look speaks to me.

In contrast to the next one.



I have done a little coloured embossing trick this time.

Ink your "tree" stamp up in versamark, then tap it onto the old olive ink pad before stamping onto the white confetti paper. Heat emboss the image and you have a glossy green tree just waiting to be enhanced with bright coloured markers ... like yellow, red and orange ... green galore and turquoise .
The spots on the chrissy presents and the loops on the warmest wishes down the bottom are coloured to make it look uniform.
The top was probably unecessary, but i had the crop a dile on the table and the small eyelets and I hadn't used them yet, and you know that I have to put a piece of ribbon on everything - almost! The rest is history.
The base cardstock is Basic grey and the eyelets are pumpkin pie (ok, if I'd had silver Iwould have used them, but I didnt!) but hold on there's more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: