Thursday, September 11, 2008

My favourite colours ...






Perhaps it is because i can't wear soft subtle colours in clothing i just love them in paper and ink.



This one is celery and amethyst (again).



I have loved this petal prints stampset since I loaned it from a friend, i didnt want to give it back at the end of the week so had to buy my own. The flower is inked in "so saffron" , then rolled in "regal rose" and "Rose red" .It gives a lovely water coloured effect on the cream cardstock and the choc chip mount just gives it some depth.



I cased this from the lovely Linda whos blogspot i lurk almost daily... and workshops kind of regularly too.





Before i go i am loading a card without any purple on it.

I just love Close to cocoa and choc chip with celery
and white cardstock.
Stampsets are "Carte Postale" , "Finest Flourishes" and "French script" Background stamp.
Its a gate opening card, meaning it opens at the centre and I've used the corner rounder to punch the celery edging which folds under the front panel.
The choc chip ribbon is held in place with tape (purely decorative) and the bonjour tag is hung off it on gold thread.
And the fleur de lys is embossed.
I love all the embellishments in card making and it is just a matter of knowing when to say "when".


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: